Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wow, I guess I haven’t updated this thing in quite some time. And the truth is so much has happened in the past two months, I don’t even know where to begin… In a nut shell, one of my best good peace corps friends, Ropate went home, so that was hard…My yaca (namesake) was born.. same last name and everything! I moved houses again. (3rd time’s a charm!) I started a garden, my youth group is growing and we are actually talking about serious, important issues, I finished the World Map Mural Project at St.Andrews Primary… Here are some photos to show you what’s been happening. Life has been crazy, but my family arrives next week! It’s time to wind down, go pick them up and take a vacation. 4 more days familia!!!!

Ropate goes home...

and it rained a lot and the water turned brown....

and my youth group is doing awesome...

and they are thinking of ways to help their communities....

and we're talking about things that are affecting the youth in Savusavu

and my namesake was born...

and I still drink a lot of grog....

and more squishy babies were born...

and i moved into a new house with an awesome porch!...

and the WMMP is finished.

and the kids did so well...

and i love my students....

and isa Ropate, I miss you!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are teaching these kids about the world. Your pictures are beautiful =)
Glad things are looking up for you. You will always have us here.